Thursday 22 November 2012

......Strange sort of Day Yesterday, arranged to meet up with a good friend ..Kev (also known as Gruff in other circles)
on a Piking trip.
I got up very early, well before first light, to be greeted by the sound of heavy rain and wind battering the windows....not good!
spent an hour eating breakfast and the rain never relented...so went back to bed!!.....I felt really tired, oh the joys of shift work (I arrived home just after midnight after a 12hour shift)
I got up a few hours later to go and meet Kev but decided to not take any tackle with me so I could have a natter with him and not be disturbed by Pike while we chat!!
Had a great couple of hours chatting and laughing, I just love spending time in great company, quality moments that just cannot be brought!
Kev even had a couple of dropped takes ....I have a feeling "Chub" are the culprits...kevs not convinced, we beg to differ, and time will tell when kev makes contact with one of these "snatch" takes.
Anyway he did not blank a 4.8-5iber graced the bank and gave a great show in its attempt to shake the hook, if we had not landed him we both would have assumed a much bigger specimen.

His Talents did not end here, we packed up around 3'oclock as my water heater had packed up and trust me in that situation look no further then Gruff!
...Thanks mate you have saved me from more moaning from the good lady wife!

Haven't posted for a while, or for that matter been fishing or been out riding my mountain bike due to a frozen muscle in my back, I've been suffering with it for at least three months, but it really has got bad last couple of weeks and to be honest hobbies are supposed to be fun....try picking up a rod holdall/rucksack or riding a muddy path and ask yourself if you are enjoying yourself!
I suffered a few Angling trips, but it really did get to much and decided to do lots of exercise and attend Physiotherapy which has involved acupuncture and much pushing and massaging at various points around my back....I have been told that some people find this stuff relaxing....I feel that I am slowly getting beaten up!

Anyway I am slowly on the mend and just on my way out with a hope of a Carp or two!
Going to the same place as yesterday with Gruff...lets see the Outcome!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment